
Okay, for any of you who missed Sis. Karen Wilkinson's fabulous presentation on getting our food supply, I have found a lecture series of YouTube videos done by Sis. Wendy Dewitt (from Arizona) where she covers very similar topics. She explains some awesome tips on getting your year supply of food in order and in a rather simple way. Pretty much the only point on which her and Sis. Wilkinson vary is in the use of the food... daily use vs. "storing it under the bed". But regardless of how you choose to use your food supply, this is some fantastic information. Sis. Dewitt also has a blog with some amazingly helpful information and fabulous food storage tips. One of my favorites is that she uses unflavored gelatin in place of eggs in her recipes (and she has the recipes with the "how to" on her blog as well). Now that I've already purchased a year or two worth of powdered eggs, I don't necessarily need that tip. But once I've run out of powdered eggs, I'm definitely going to try the 'gelatin instead of eggs' tip! Anyway, I just wanted to pass on this great information. She covers all the bases in a "worst case scenario" type of way (meaning, if you had no electricity and no water). Hubby sat and watched the videos with me so he could get the low down on all this information as well and be just as excited as I am. :) Also, you can email her to get the "booklet" she talks about sent to you in a .pdf form (free). I'm going to go ahead and do that, and once I get it, I will definitely post it here on our blog.
Here are the links to her video lecture (it's broken down into 9 short segments, but it's all from the same lecture) as well as a link to her blog (just click the titles to view):
Video Lecture:
Part 1: "Top 10 Reasons"
Part 2: "The System"
Part 3: "Worst Case Scenario"
Part 4: "Equivalency Page"
Part 5: "Where to Store it All"
Part 6: "Pressure Canning Meat"
Part 7: "Solar Oven Cooking"
Part 8: "Food Saver"
Part 9: "Questions and Answers"
I hope you enjoy it and can use some of this great information to help you along in your efforts!
No comments:
Post a Comment